1. What did you do in 2016 that you’d never done before?
I moved out of Florida! Like wtf took me so long, right?! I moved across the country, over to Las Vegas. I got to attend a citizenship swearing in ceremony (so proud of cute boyfriend!) which was a neat experience. I also went to the Hoover Dam, started shooting BG XXX videos for my own site, adopted a 3rd cat…I’m sure there were other firsts for me during 2016, but I honestly can’t think of any others.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions?
Haha I never make new years’ resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I don’t think so!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My last grandma passed away in May. Luckily, I had seen her a couple weeks before for Mother’s Day. Because of the move, I was physically unable to be there for my family, which is what really broke my heart. A lot of famous people passed away, which I know I’m not close to, but the passing of Carrie Fisher was really tough for me. After seeing Star Wars for the first time when I was young, she was the princess I wanted to be: a bad ass who didn’t really need men to save herself. More recently, her role as General Organa in Episode VII spoke to me again: a strong willed woman, who despite the bumps in the road, still has managed to come out ahead. She lost her son to the dark side, her lover left, her brother disappeared…yet there she was, showing up to save the goddamn galaxy. That strength is something I admire so much, even in a fictional character.
5. What countries did you visit?
I didn’t leave the US this year unfortunately 🙁
6. What would you like to have in 2017 that you lacked in 2016?
Some sort of overseas adventure! My passport is feeling a little empty.
7. What dates from 2016 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The day we left Florida and started our move to Vegas!
8. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year?
Dude… moving cross country and not falling into a pit of despair when I moved to a city that I didn’t really have any super close friends in. Like being as social as I am, I was really worried that my mental health would plummet, but it didn’t and I’m so happy about that.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Honestly… I didn’t give myself a true chance to do sex work full time. I said I would, and I fucking slacked. I got caught up in exploring my new city and trying to make friends that I didn’t work as hard as I should have to make sex work a full time job. And honestly, it’s made me feel like a huge failure at sex work (camming, specifically)
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just some mental illness… and being sick for like a month… and twisting my knee so badly that I couldn’t walk on it for a week…
11. What was the best thing you bought?
The beautiful new Canon video camera I’ve been filming with! I got a Canon VIXIA G40 and it’s amazing. And we adopted a 3rd kitty and while I know we didn’t “buy” him, he’s such a happy addition to our little family.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
SO MANY PEOPLES’!! Cute boyfriend for getting his US citizenship. My parents’ for… well, being my parents.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Is it weird if I say nobody? Cause I think that’s accurate…
14. Where did most of your money go?
Moving, entertaining, back into my work
15. What did you get really, really, excited about?
Moving out of Florida, finally. Like yea it sucked leaving friends, but I hated living in Florida. The weather, the traffic, the tourists… literally the only thing that kept me there was friends (after my parents moved out of state)
16. What song will always remind you of 2016?
I am so lame, because honestly I hope nothing reminds me of 2016
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? I’m not sure. I think I’m happier.
b) thinner or fatter? I’ve put on some weight, unfortunately.
c) richer or poorer? Richer, I think.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I had spent more time pushing myself to make sex work a full time job. I was pretty lazy about it and I got a bit disenfranchised about it because of my own laziness. I also wish I spent more time reading. I barely did any reading this year, and I feel like I’m losing my bookworm status
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Honestly, nothing comes to mind.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
My Christmas was spent here in Vegas, with my parents visiting me. It was the first time that I was able to pay for their airfare and gave them stay with me for more than just a few hours. We took them to Hoover Dam on Christmas Eve, then on Christmas Day Cute Boyfriend made a delicious feast. It was really nice.
21. Did you fall in love in 2016?
Nope. I was lucky to have an amazing partner in crime already
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
On my gosh… Stranger Things was SO GOOD! But to be honest, that’s one of the few shows I watched this year.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
I did not do enough reading this year, and I’m kind of upset at myself about that
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I’m the worst when it comes to musical discoveries.
27. What did you want and get?
To get out of Florida!
28. What did you want and not get?
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Fuck… Deadpool!! But also, Rogue One and Doctor Strange
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 29! I had my Wifey & Ivy Davenport visiting, and we had a week of shenanigans. It was super fun!
31.What was one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Several million dollars? More stamps on my passport? More time spent photographing women.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2016?
Comfortable and cute!
33. What kept you sane?
My kittens & my cute boyfriend!!
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
As usual, I don’t really pay attention to celebrities and public figures.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
This whole election… /sigh
36. Who did you miss?
A whole bunch of people. That’s what happens when you move away, though 🙁
37. Who was the best new person you met?
This is tough! I met some really neat people in 2016, but most of them are vanilla people
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2016.
I can’t judge myself for something I didn’t give a proper chance to do
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
As usual, music is not my strongest area, so I don’t really have a good one. :/